Existential questions are loads of fun because when humanity has nothing else to do we might as well come back to them.
What is the True Nature of Reality?
- We are held back by our own perception.
- Everything we think we know is our own mental construction. The way we see the world is heavily blurred and corrupted.
- Our apparatus, bodies, and minds cannot sense or comprehend certain things.
What Are Human’s Limits?
- We’d like to think human creativity and brainpower is infinite, but even our brains have limits. We just don’t know what they are.
- Modding our brains with Brain Machine Interfaces to make human’s information bandwidth fast as computers is great, but now this leads into the next question…
What Makes Us Human?
- How much of “us” do we need to change before we stop being ourselves?
- Our we our minds? Bodies? Both? If I lose a limb or go through something traumatic am I still me?
What is “Good”?
- Every time we do something “good” does something “bad” happens?
- Are “good” and “bad” non-universal concepts?
What is the Purpose and Worth of Life?
- What do we measure in all living things to figure out their worth?
- Is the purpose of life to reproduce, maintain homeostasis, and just to exist as a side effect of bumping and moving particles?
What is the Difference Between Living and Nonliving Things?
- Is life after death possible?
- What does biotechnology mean for the difference between artificial intelligence becoming life and “natural” life?
- Are the so-called “Criteria for All Life” ignoring a different type of life?
What is Consciousness?
- Is the supreme power of conscious humans metacognition?
- Is consciousness an illusion?
- Are we actually conscious?
Is Ranch on Sourdough Good?
I’m too scared to try, but if any of you are true explorers tell me how it goes.